Skip to main content

Yellowstone National Park Videos

Click the purple links below to view my videos.
Good Morning
This was taken my first morning in Yellowstone, camping at Shoshone Lake campsite 8S2. Night sounds and a deflating Therm-A-Rest kept me from sleeping most nights, so I generally fell asleep around dawn. I left all time-keeping devices in the car but figured out that my camera kept time within 20 minutes, give or take. That's how I determined that I was waking around 10:30AM.
Shoshone Lake @ Dawn
This was taken my second morning at Shoshone Lake. The mist was still swirling across the waters. While the mosquitoes drove me to my tent around 7:30PM, this morning I was determined to be an early riser. Of course, I then went to sleep again until 10:30AM. Although I camped near a wide open field, I surprisingly did not witness any large wildlife. Although seeing a bear away from the flash of camera-happy tourists would have been a treat, I gladly went without that experience.
Yellowstone Geyser
Sorry for the sideways view. You can hear the voice of the Ranger in the background on this guided tour of the geysers near Old Faithful. Sulphurous scents prevailed.
Old Faithful Inn Pianist
This is rather a dark (9:30PM) view of the grande lobby of the Inn, taken from the third floor balcony. The video opens with the Pianist and scrolls down to the lobby and up to the second and third floor balconies. It was from this perch that I wrote all my Yellowstone postcards.
The Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone
As I narrated in this video, I left the beaten path for a view less frequently seen. The Grand Canyon was awesome to behold and I couldn't help feeling rather satisfied as I gazed across the abyss at the tourist vista crowded with RV's and camera-laden folks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rare Disease Day 2024

Today's Rare Disease Day. There's sometimes a particular weightiness to life with a rare disease. All the appointments, emergencies, traumas, doctors, therapists, medicines, opinions, schedules and upset schedules. My touchpoint is being mom to my precious girl with Wiedemann-Steiner Syndrome  (WSS). You'd have to spend a day or week shadowing me to know what it's really like. Doesn't that sound alienating? As though you couldn't possibly imagine if you're not living it? Well, maybe. But think about a time of immense grief you've lived through, or a time when your world seemed to be falling apart around you and it felt like everyone else was completely unaffected. I suppose it's a bit like that. You might have thought that those around you couldn't possibly know how that experience felt to you. A couple weeks ago, I started keeping a list of all the extraordinary things that happened in my life due to my daughter's rare disease. I learned a c

Startup Day 676: MVP coming soon

Hunkering down and revisiting user data consumed much of my last hundred-odd days, resulting in a Minimum Viable Product (MVP). Simply built using Softr and Airtable (with tons of gratitude for  INVANTI 's support), I'm testing the willingness of Disability Self-advocates and Caregivers to find and write reviews of providers they recommend. Of the 200+ pain points expressed by Empowered Together's community, 88% can be addressed by the online marketplace simulated in our MVP. Users get to recommend respite providers, social activities, and therapists they love. We're testing a shift from Word of Mouth recommendations to tech-enabled referrals and lead gen, leveraging the collective voice and purchasing power of the disability community. This progress energizes me as a founder. This could be the key to unlock support for families affected by disability. My narrative for a startup bootcamp's application summarizes it best: As Empowered Together’s founder, Sarah has a

Startup Day 703: MVP live...

It's official, you can visit app.empoweredtogether.us  to see what we've been building! It's been a long journey to get here though this is really just the beginning. Yesterday, I reflected on why I'm doing this ( watch here ). I want to dive a bit deeper around the concept of creating the future I want to live in with my kids. I'm building a marketplace to connect families affected by disability with recommended businesses. I hypothesize that this will increase the rate of excellent customer experiences for People with Disabilities (PwD) -- 80% of their customer experiences are currently FAILURES! I also hypothesize that businesses will see the value in welcome PwD and society will slowly become more inclusive and accessible. Big dreams, I know, but that's the future I'm creating. On the personal side, creating that future would be meaningless to me if my kids and I didn't get to enjoy it together. That means it's equally important for me to engage